The PDM 5240 is a versatile 8 channel (4 x AES) audio embedder and de-embedder, which can be used to address a variety of audio issues in broadcast. The module offers multiformat support for SDI formats up to 3Gbit/s (auto-detect).
The module can be switched between an 8 channel embedder or de-embedder, or used as a combination of both. 16 channels of audio are also de-embedded from the SDI input signal and passed into the audio processing stage. In embedder mode, 8 channels of external audio (4xAES) are passed into the audio processing stage. Audio processing includes adjustable gain, phase invert and mute for all 24 channels as well as a selectable mono mixdown function for each left and right pair.
The processed audio is passed into a 24 x 16 output crossbar where the audio for the embedder and the external outputs can be user mapped.
Microprocessor control and on-board Flash RAM enable configurations and settings to be stored within the module. Remote control, status monitoring and error reporting is possible when using the LYNX APPolo Control System.
NOTE: The use of the APPolo control system is MANDATORY for this module. If installed in a RFR 5012 chassis please make sure a rack controller
(RCT 5023 G) is installed in the rack.
- Supports SDI formats up to 3Gbit (auto-detect)
- Switch between 8 channel embedder or de-embedder or combination of both
- 24 channel audio processing stage with adjustable gain, phase invert, mute and stereo to mono mixdown plus overload and silence detection
- 24 x 16 mono crossbar for embedder assignment
- 24 x 8 mono crossbar for external outputs
- Two versions available for balanced and unbalanced AES
- All external audio inputs / outputs are transformer coupled
- Remote control, status monitoring and error reporting possible with LYNX APPolo control system
- Full SNMP support when used with master controller option
- Hot swappable